Does anyone have any information on Haynesville shale drilling in Harrison county Texas? Thanks

Views: 572

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The most important news announced so far was the Penn Virginia horizontal well drilled in south central Harrison County. Their May 30th press release said they expect an initial production rate of 10 to 15 MMcf/d. They appear to have a large acreage position in central and eastern Harrison County and say they are planning additional drilling this year.
Thank you
Berry Petroleum reported that it acquired about 2,000 net acres in Harrison County's Darco Field located 3 miles northwest of Penn Virginia's Fogle #5-H
Haynesville success. Berry is planning at least 3 vertical tests and has acreage to drill up to 15 horizontal wells in the Haynesville with "300 feet of shale potential". (Per 6-10-08 presentation, p.12)
Thank you
On your comment above "300 feet of shale potential", does that mean that is what the thickness of the shale is there? Thanks for any info!
Yes, I think Berry Petroleum is indicating total potential vertical shale zone(s) of up to 300 feet, which perhaps includes an upper Bossier Shale layer.
Thanks

has anyone else been approached by landman representing Samson?  The offer was $325 an acre ... I laughed.  Unless Samson shows signs of drilling not interested.  Is Samson starting to drill again?  Along Harrison /  Panola line?

my pad and road and pits are still just sitting here in Panola County.  I just read where they (samson) selling off  some of their stuff (Bakken mostly) that they paid too much for Samson (KKR) well I think everybody said that when  deal made.  Itochu owns 25%  and I was hoping in they would utilize the new refinery opening in Louisiana to ship nat gas out.Maybe this sell off will help  and then they can drill more.

Right now not going to lease the Harrison County  acreage to them.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service