Any news on the Ash well? I heard the crew pulled out. No one there.  Anyone know why?

Views: 6266

Replies to This Discussion

Other than the rumors: What concerns me is the over production during the IP's. We've seen that in the Anadarko Austin Chalk wells. They reported very high IP's on their wells and now one of those wells that I've been tracking is only making 15 bbls a day production and that's only a year or less after production began. The IP of these wells looks like PR for the investors. 

I had heard the predicted 2800 IP rumor a couple of weeks ago, too.

My thoughts were, if it is even half this, I'll be tickled.

That said, I would also be very disappointed in a 200 IP.

I hope Encana will end the suspense shortly after noon tomorrow.

Be prepared to have your heart broken - oil wells are like being in love.

Steve,

Very well put. Could not have said it better.

I still hope that we'll have some good numbers when they come in. But you just can't get your hopes up on speculation and rumors.

The only thing I expect from this 1st Ash well is to find out if putting in a million pounds of proppant helps produce more oil. 750k lbs did not help on the last 2 Weyer. wells. It could have an effect on decline curve but it did not seem to have helped the IP rate. The only thing so far that has increased the IP has been long laterals. The Ash well being tested now only has a 5500 ft lateral with 18 stages,much less than the Anderson wells,so, unless a lot of extra proppant does the trick, this 1st Ash well will be around 1000 bopd or less unless it is in a sweet spot of some sort. IMO

How do you know it didn't help on the two Weyerhauser 60H wells?

I saw a rumored IP, but I haven't seen an official IP and haven't even seen a rumored 30 day IP.

If you have, please share a link to the info.  I'd love to know what these two wells are doing, also.

What I know is unofficial, rumor is that one well is averaging below 800, one  below 300. If you haven't heard any bragging announcements from Encana by now, then I would take that as a bad sign. IMO. I expect similar results on the completed Ash well, though I thoroughly understand they have to try different things to find out what works. Longer laterals did work, more proppant is rumored to not work, at least for IP. We will just have to wait for the official report to be sure. I do not work for Encana but I could have ESP - you decide. :)

Still no reports for production?

Unofficially, I heard 1 was in mid 700's, the other is still not producing.

Not even a good rumor on my end in the last couple weeks. Anyone know where the 2 new Encana Anderson wells and the Goodrich Smith well stand ?

Anderson 17H-2 is waiting to be fracked.
Anderson 17H-3 is still being drilled...I believe it has made the turn.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service