There are multiple rumors about SWN and the brown dense, Im starting a discussion where all rumors are welcome.

Views: 115062

Replies to This Discussion

Conf call oct1 We have been talking about a few of these for about a year, year and half now, in particular the Brown Dense has been one of those topics. The Brown Dense is a very large position. We are very much in the infancy side of learning about this play. If you think about this play, it’s got a lot of resource it’s been known to be there. The real issue is cracking the code and this is no different than what a lot of other operators are going to be telling you about their plays. If you think about the Brown Dense play and if you look at the very north part up in Arkansas, there is no question it’s an oil play.

What I’m going to tell you today and I think what Steve has been telling you now for last several months, its evolving little bit more to the south to more of a gas condensate play. We've drilled eight wells and which we talked to you about at end of second quarter. We gave you certain information. Since that time, we have completed the seventh and eight well and we’ll be talking about the results of those at the quarter call, but we have also now drilled the ninth and the 10th and drilled the ninth well, have not completed it yet but are drilling the 10th well. The interesting thing about the eight, nine, and ten wells are they all verticals and as we move forward we’re getting better understanding of the different opportunities within the zone. On the eight well, we completed this is the sharp well which is here located right there near that big red area to the southeast.

The sharp well was -- it's about 400 foot section. We’ve fraced four zones in that well and we have been producing it now for little better in the month, so more results to come on this, it could be very significant to Southwestern, very nice position it’s one of those types of opportunities that we like to develop overtime for the growth of the Company. One other one that I will just mention very briefly since we talked about it on the call in the second quarter as in Colorado just south of Denver really Colorado Springs area, we have got roughly 3000 acres in the play here we call Perdido, this play is really a Pennsylvanian play. If you think about the Marmiton or [indiscernible] series that comes up out of Texas into Oklahoma, on the Eastern side this is the western version of that coming up out of same area but coming up to the west, it's not Niobrara which a lot of people believe, but it's really not Niobrara.

Sounds like they will be here for a while.

SWN was rigging down and moving off the Walkerville location yesterday. It looks like it took them 24 days to drill this one.

Tony - or anybody else - do you know where Desoto 21 is headed next?

Bill, I don't know for sure but I suspect it will go to the Plum Creek site since SWN re-permitted the well last month.

http://sonlite.dnr.state.la.us/sundown/cart_prod/cart_con_wellinfo2...

DeSoto 21 is being moved to Plum Creek off Oakland Bridge road. Desoto 20 was moved off this site to the Johnson site where it is stacked.  They should start drilling at Plum Creek very soon.

From the Bastrop paper...

SEISMIC PRE-Work Meeting November 18, 2013, 6:00pm Oak Ridge Town Hall, Oak Ridge, LA WhitMar Exploration, through Dawson Geophysical, will be conducting seismic activities in Township 19 North, Range 7 East in Sections 20, 22, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 and Township 18 North, Range 7 East, Section 4, 6, all in Morehouse Parish, LA. All local officials and affected landowners are invited to attend. Contact Aaron OQuinn, WhitMar Exploration Co., 720-319-8498 or Autry Dawson, Dawson Geophysical, 432-230-6744 for additional information.

Here is Whiting's 3rd Q presentation. They don't mention the LSBD by name but say they have 600K acres in 3 new oil plays that they will talk about in the 4th Q. I assume that includes the LSBD. They have a new completion design that is very effective in breaking up the rock. Maybe it will work on the LSBD. Very exciting for the industry as a whole. BTW WLL stock up almost 9% today. I am sure Mr. Sanders is smiling. The presentation is an hour long but very interesting.

http://edge.media-server.com/m/p/oofu2u4g/lan/en

Hopefully Whiting has a game changer here.

Thanks, Jon. 50-70% better IP and improved EURs, that is significant. And I think he said they plan to use the new design across all of their plays.

Here is the transcript. There is one more mention of the 3 new oil plays. It is at the very end of the Q&A. Sounds encouraging.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1771732-whiting-petroleum-managemen...

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service