After several months of reviewing leases by Tacoma Energy, HEP Energy and EQX for lands from Hwy. 1 just south of Caddo Lake eastward to the river and extending somewhat into Bossier Parish I am relatively sure that the target is the Annona Chalk.  The client upon whose behalf the listed land companies are taking or have taken leases also acquired a couple of state leases in the Soda Lake area through New Holdings LLC.  That and the recent permitting of two wells by Petro-Chem Operating Company lead me to believe that the first wells will be drilled soon.  The Mills & Co 6 #1 is a vertical well.  The Chevron USA Inc 7H Should be the first horizontal attempt at economic production.  Although it is possible that Petro-Chem is behind the prospect with some investor assistance, it may be that they are fronting for a larger energy company that would prefer to remain unknown until the initial wells deliver enough science to validate the play and help define the extent of the productive fairway.

CADDO 01 244950 MILLS & CO 6 001 29-MAY-12 P289 006-20N-14W 2152 CADDO PINE ISLAND 1700  

CADDO 01 244951 CHEVRON USA INC 7 H 001 29-MAY-12 P289 007-21N-15W 2152 CADDO PINE ISLAND 6210

Views: 11579

Replies to This Discussion

I'll stop by and get the serial number off the location stake (if it's on there) in the morning.

JR

Thanks.

SN 244951 found it by checking Petro-Chem permits vs Parish Map, location was under construction and muddy.  JR

Jay, that would be the Petro-Chem Chevron USA 7H #1 location.  That will be the well to watch as the first attempt at a horizontal completion in the Annona Chalk this far north and east of the Rockwell Petroleum SL 173 #2.  Thanks.

Location work continues, rig on site but not on location. Billy L Bridges will do a terrific job for them.

Correction drilling contractor is Fram Oil out of Many, La

Thanks for the correction and the pic, Jay.

Today was my last visit to the site.  In the 30 years I have been operating in Pine Island I have never been "invited to leave immediately and never return".  The gentleman who invited me to leave took very strong exception to the posting that had speculated that Petro-Chem was undertaking their operation in any way, shape or form on behalf of others.  He attributed that posting, incorrectly, to me.

It's their project, their property and I'm more than happy to stay far out of the way.  How the "disinvitation" strategy will fly in the neighborhood will be interesting to see.  That's just not the way its been for the last 108 years.

JR

Well it seems that the Petro-Chem folks follow GHS.  Good for them. No energy company wishes to be discussed in a public forum, that's understandable.  However in the age of the Internet, it is unavoidable.  Petro-Chem has about 109 operated wells with ~66 currently listed as Status Code 10 (producing) so maybe they do have the ability to lease all the lands covered in the leases filed in the courthouse.  Whether they do, or not, I'm sure all of the GHS N Caddo members wish them well with their Annona Chalk prospect.  Jay, lots of companies are uneasy when discussed on GHS.  It's something they have never had to deal with before.  And educated mineral owners are much harder to deal with now that they can follow developments on GHS.  Makes business a little harder.

Or Makes being honest a little easier...

I was remiss in forgetting to add that I wish them all the success in the world.  There is too much oil left in the chalk, with perm about 2000X better than the shales not to take a shot at it. 

I absolutely commend them for taking the risk, doing the good science and doing all that they are doing to "crack the code".  They deserve to be richly rewarded for doing something new and different.

The unalterable fundamental in the business is that we have to change the game because otherwise depletion and geology conspire to see that we play a losing game.  Without innovation, each year we will spend more kW of power to make fewer barrels of oil.

I have been almost 8 years now this time around working to change the game in the Nacatoch B. I gave myself three mandates:

1) to lower the cost of producing and equipping my production (done with the BlackStorm System www.strippersolutions.com ) now manufactured under license under my patents and sold around the world by Parker-Hannifin Corporation.

2) Come up with site specific, cost effective EOR (for our ridiculous adverse mobility ratio due to early radial matrix coning), and

3) Improve the efficiency and lower the cost of doing oil/water separation, always a challenge but doubly so with poor gun barrel design, lower retention times, decreasing oil droplet sizes and slight differential density.

So far, so good.  Pic is of BlackStorm being run off a portable production platform in a well testing application.  Used in a "set it and forget it" application, a simple spooler replaces a workover rig, the tubing is reeled off into the well with an ESP at the bottom and voila, no more rods, tubing, pumpjack, corrosion and only one moving part.

JR

Jay, the Black Storm System is very interesting for those of us who have curiosity regarding the technical/production aspects of the O&G industry.  We seldom discuss the stripper side of the industry although many of us live in areas where it has been, and remains, an important economic engine.  The Caddo Pine Island Field has a rich history and the Museum at Oil City is a hidden gem worth the trip.  A separate discussion of the field and the operation of stripper wells off the specific Annona Chalk topic would be of interest to me and possibly a few other members. 

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service