SWN seems to be moving fast in trying to complete the Garrett 7-23-5 H well in Lick Creek field of Claiborne Parish. They reached total depth on Feb 8th and have now apparently set casing to the bottom and moved the main rig. Six Schlumberger trucks were seen going to the location last week, and yesterday smoke was seen coming from the well, probably from a flare, although my sources were not close enough to tell for sure. Go SWN! 

Views: 7109

Replies to This Discussion

It is helpful to keep in mind that True Vertical Depths (TVD) and Measured Depths (MD) are round number approximations.  An operator can always drill less however if they decide to drill more they are supposed to get an amended permit.  No operator wishes to have to take that step so as a matter of policy they leave plenty of wiggle room especially in wells drilled with little well control.  In other words until they drill their vertical, they don't know at what depth to set their lateral.  When the Preliminary Completion Report is filed, we'll know more specifics about the horizontal section of the well bore.

Would anyone be able to post a chart of the N. La / S. Ark lithology - showing depths (and associated geologic era) of the various producing zones?  ie, Pettit, Haynesville, Cotton Valley, Smackover, etc?

No depths are listed because of variation by area.  You'll have to look at well files or unit orders for depth by specific location.

thx very much

Monday morning I meet a huge fleet of Baker Hughes Frac Trucks going north on HWY 79 at Homer. More that 10.

they could be going anywhere... anymore info

Eyewitnesses tell me that the Garrett well is being prepared for fracking. Pipe and pumps to bring water from the main frac pond are being installed. I don't know what the Schlumberger trucks seen going to the site 2 weeks or so ago were doing, but the pond is still full so fracking has not yet occurred, but seems to be imminent.

According to SWN, fracking of the Garrett will start on March 1st. They apparently had good oil shows.

Just a guess, but S'berger does a lot more than fracking.  They could have been cementing equip, logging and wire line, or somebody may have "jumped the gun"...

SONRIS Lite reports today that the Garrett has been perforated from 10360 feet to 16450 feet. Is it common to do all the perforations before starting the fracking, or to perforate each stage and then do fracking, before perforating and fracking the next stage, etc.?

http://sonlite.dnr.state.la.us/sundown/cart_prod/cart_con_wellinfo2...

Perf, frac, flowback, plug.  Repeat for each stage.  The notation is meant to define the perforation locations as being in accordance with DNR set back requirements.  No perforation may be located within 330' of a unit boundary.  The report appears to indicate that the frac has been completed.  Your February 23 reply may have been just prior to the frac stimulation beginning.  And Mr. Mueller's statement that the frac would begin yesterday was in error.

I don't know about down there, but up here they do the different stages one right after the other.  Flowback doesn't start until the frac crews are gone from the location.  But that is just what I have observed.  I don't know the in and outs of it all...

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service