Rapides Parish has had outstanding Chalk wells drilled and produced. The Masters Creek Field in particular. Why is there no activity here?

Views: 2745

Replies to This Discussion

There is activity. Many of the folks remember bad expreiences with Chesapeake. People are looking at state bids in other parishes for different formations and asking for the  same thing. The nursurymen in the Masters Creek field don't want wells on their property and I can  understand that but if everyone gets a no surface operations clause then where are you going to drill a  well. Some  feel that the  Tuscalousa Marine  Shale will become the next Haynesville Shale with big bonus offers. A company called Tacoma was buying leases but pulled out for some  reason. I can only speculate as to why they pulled out, I feel they probably ran up on a hostal environment caused by a dislike for CHK. I am trying to buy leases at present and  not having a lot of luck but this is a new project that is just getting off the ground. I worked Masters Creek back in the mid  90's and had no problem buying leases and yes  I was working for CHK back then. I do not and will not ever work for CHK again. My reputation is much more valuable to me than money and I would never tarnish it by working for Dracula ever again. I just hope the folks will lighten up some so we can get the drilling started again in Rapides, if not the company will pull the plug and go to other parishes where the environment is more friendly.
Can you share location info?
Tacoma was trying to checkerboard T1N R1W of 200 acs I had they only wanted to lease 20acs the other in a partneship with 15 owners and only minerals under Indian Creedk Lake was not of interest.

Two Dogs, 

Not having much luck in Rapides? Go to Avoyelles where I have heard a some smaller landowners say they have not been contacted, but are ready to sign.

Rapides courthouse is only about a mile from my house and the prospect is only about 20 miles. I would love to be putting some money into the smaller land owners pockets but you have to lease the large tracts first. If the plug is pulled on the project it will be because of the large tracts.
Thanks for your reply. So it seems to me the larger landowners have a tendency to be not as hungry as a smaller land owner, sometimes holding up production in an area. Most of the large landowners in Avoyelles, 1000 or more acres, that I know have leased, except for a couple. I keep encouraging them so the pot can start stirring. But some are hardheaded.
Some are likely listening to their O&G attorneys and landmen.  Regardless it is their asset to do with as they please.  Those with mineral estates in excess of 1000 acres have always had a decided advantage in the negotiation of development rights.  And quite a few have been through the process before.  It is a normal occurrence for those with significant acreage and access to professional services to hang back in an emerging play.
And to add to Skips statement, some have been burned before and it really leaves a bad taste in your mouth. At some point you just get to the point that you don't trust anyone in the industry.
hey dogs, seems as though things are picking up all around evangeline parish.. leasing in avoyelles, st landry , rapides, etc... they are closest to millers lake due east in st landry... hope things are going well there for anadarka, indigo and all involved... any good recent news on leasing evangeline ,,,,thx shawn
currrently have serious activity by one of the big guys in  Rapides, 1N 1 W only; has no one else heard this? My family has 2,000 acs mostly in 1N 1E only about 200 in 1N 1 W, I can't get them to cross township line. Offered $300 and 1/4

Charles,

Sometimes the leasing has a lot to do with where the "lease hounds" have been told to lease - like lease everything in 1N 1W. Right now you are just not in the territory they are leasing in. You are close just not there - Just be patient. They'll probably get to you in the next round.   

Thanks Joe for your interest, I'll keep plowing.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service