Can anyone comment on recent lease offers in southeast DeSoto? Location/bonus/royalty/company. Thanks. Skip

Views: 138

Replies to This Discussion

skip, i'm not sure whether this is southeast or not but, in section 5, T13, R15W, they're preparing to put in a well? we were contacted when they were getting the application but did not get a bonus offer! if they start the well and we are in that sesction as we are, do we just wait to get the royalty money or??? help
If you receive a notice letter, it is not for a well. It is for a drilling & production unit. The LA. Office of Conservation does not require notice to Interested Parties for the permitting of a well. Notice is required for unit application and alternate unit well applications. A unit application is in force indefinitely without any required time line to drill. However, a unit application usually means a company wishes to drill wells in the near future. Don't be concerned if you have not receive a lease offer, you will. Just be prepared. No, Section 5 - 13N 15W is not in the SE, it is in the far west but thanks anyway. LOL!
KEB, Petrohawk recently reached total depth on a Haynesville Shale well drilled in your section from Section 32 to the north. You will want to keep an eye on this well to see if they move frac equipment on location in preparation for completing the well and placing on production. The well should only produce from Section 5 and only the mineral owners in your section will share in production.

I am surprised Petrohawk did not attempt to lease your acreage before drilling the well. If you are unleased Petrohawk will recoup your share of the well costs from your share of production. Once they have recovered the cost of the well Petrohawk should pay you your share of the gas production less any operating costs. You will want to stay in communication with Petrohawk to make sure they pay you on a timely basis. Of course Petrohawk may still approach you about a lease. Also monitor Sonris for any updates on the well progress. If you have any additional questions you can leave a comment on my page. Good luck and hopefully it will be a great well!

Petrohawk, Murphy 5 #H1 Well, Serial #240650, S32(5)-T14(13)N-R15W
Skip,

I recently have seen a XTO lease filed this month in T10N - R11W and for the 2 yr. option it was priced at $3,000.00 an acre with 1/4 royalty. I dont know the bonus amount for the lease but usually the option is at the same price or 2/3rds of the original bonus amount.

Hope this helps.....
Thanks, cccm. I must be a very small tract.
That is one tract that we own , Is there any updates on any prospective drilling?
Nate, it is helpful to include the approximate size of a tract and the section-township-range where it is located when asking a question. It is also helpful to know if you are unleased or leased and if so to what company.
S12 -T10n-R11w Desoto
S2-T10n-R11w Desoto
S6-110n-r11w Desoto
S6 T10n R10w Nachitoches

xto,

Thank you very much, I am very greatful for all and any info.
10N - 11W - Section 2 and 12 and 10N - 10W - Section 6 have numerous older producing wells. Section 12 is a Samson Contour HA drilling unit. Sections 2 and 6 lack HA unit orders. 10N - 11W - Section 6 has no producing wells and no HA unit order. There are no completed and announced wells in either township but there are a number drilling and some permits. We should have some completions announced by year's end or early in the new year. Those sections with existing production may not get a HA well for some time but at least you'll know the productive potential of the rock in your area.
Hey Skip,

I just signed a lease on August 12, 2010 for a little over $6,000 an acre with Chesapeake on a few acres in Section 1 T12N R12W (Naborton area in southeast DeSoto Parish), and Section 8 T11N R13W (Trenton area just south of Mansfield).

Linda
LInda, S1 - 12N - 12W is a Chesapeake Drilling Unit with no historic production. Therefore it must be drilled prior to the expiration of the existing leases. IMO, that's why you received the $6K bonus offer. For minerals not in sections with similar circumstances, neither Chesapeake nor any other major shale player is offering bonuses higher than $4500/acre of which I am aware. The dynamics of leasing have changed significantly three years into the Haynesville Shale Play.
Skip,

I just found out a well was permitted on 10/26 for that section.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service