"Everybody is entitled to an opinion. Yes I have some leases with CHK. Yes they have no cost protection language in them that was written before the lease was signed. My advice has always been to seek council before signing a lease. Not after you…"
You know way more about this stuff than I do, but, I was told that they are able to walk the drilling platform over and while casing is going on in one hole, drilling is happening at the other. They said it saves time and money."
"Let me see--they get 49% of any settlement? If the oil and gas company is so evil and the stealing is so obvious, why would one give up half to someone who just has a website ADVERTISING on this site where no ADVERTISING is allowed? Just…"
Spoke with an EnCana employee regarding some lease issues Thursday. I asked her about the drilling time table. She looked up some information on her weekly report and confirmed that both Sabine 12H 1 & 2 are being drilled at…"
"The way I read the contract, Attorney's fees are 39% of the gross settlement amount plus 10 % of the gross settlement amount for expenses which totals 49% of the gross settlement amount. Pretty rich deal for the attorneys I'd…"
"I would like some advice. I know that Chesapeake has been paying me on average $.50 less a million cubic foot than Shell and Encana since 2012. I just reviewed the McDonald law firm's Louisiana contract which states,
In no event will…"
"Without a field-wide unit as suggested by Skip Peel, the false reporting and payment for fictional volumes almost certainly is a fraud being carried on to preserve the leaseholds.
If that be the case, the lease should not bind the royalty…"
"I agree with you on all counts Skip. To clarify, the Gene Buckles lease covered more than one plat, and were unitized due to non Pugh clause, but as you said, the lease should or could likely have been stopped in 2012 or again since…"
As exciting as this is, we know that we have a responsibility to do this thing correctly. After all, we want the farm to remain a place where the family can gather for another 80 years and beyond. This site was born out of these desires. Before we started this site, googling "shale' brought up little information. Certainly nothing that was useful as we negotiated a lease. Read More