Heard Encana was pulling out of Amite County, anybody heard this?

Views: 7280

Replies to This Discussion

I haven't heard it and, at this point, I don't believe it.

That said, I have no inside knowledge.

What's news in Amite county ms Tms Info please send me some news if you hear anything at all

Why would you think that?

EnCana spud the Ash 3H #2 November 10 in Amite County.  That should squelch that rumor.  Makes you wonder about the intent of those who would spread it.

The Goodrich stockholders' report a couple of weeks ago actually sounded very hopeful to me.

I believe Encana is going to be cautious until they decide it is a commercial play or simply isn't viable, but I can't see them pulling out at this time.  There are more positives than negatives at this point.

I understand that 2013 will be a verry active year in the tms play lets hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Encana is not puling out in my opinion. Devon is supposedly, at least temporarily.Encana has already prepared 1 new pad site that I know of in the past month that should spud in early Jan.  A second site has been surveyed and should commence preparation soon, both are in Amite County. Also, Goodrich said recently that they are allocating additional money for leasing in the TMS in 2013.

They seem to be all watching the Ash well results to decide whether they can have successful wells above the rubble zone - they would be cheaper to drill and complete. Encana has had 2 very successful wells (Anderson 17 and 18) landing below the rubble zone. The Ash is the 1st drilled landing above the rubble zone . They can reduce drilling and completion costs by avoiding this zone - hopefully they can get as good results as they have on the Anderson wells with less expense. This would help the play. Goodrich appears confident that they can overcome the sloughing problem experienced due to drilling through the rubble zone regardless. That's my understanding, but I am no expert.

Steve, could you explain what you mean when you say the "rubble" zone.  I am not familiar with that term. 

I think Steve was more or less making up his own term.

There is apparently a 10' thick section near the bottom of the Tuscaloosa Marine Shale where the shale collapses around the drilling bit and drill stems.

It is said to "slough" off. I heard it described as a sandy type material.

Encana has decided to stay above this section of the TMS and Goodrich has decided to drill through it and put casing in it to keep it from collapsing.

We shall see which works best...or if either of them proves commercially viable.

The term "rubble zone" is not my term. I got it directly from Goodrich Petroleum - that is what Goodrich named this problem zone in recent Q&A briefings with analysts. I tried to get a geological definition but have so far not found one. Bernell is correct in his description as far as I can tell. I don't believe they know yet whether this problem zone is found everywhere in the TMS or is isolated to certain areas.

Here is a link to the Goodrich briefing where they mention the rubble zone problem:

http://www.goodrichpetroleum.com/reports/2012_Nov06_JPMorgan.pdf

It's my understanding that all major players have just got in their offices and going to be a lot of Tms activity in the area in 2013 let's hang in there

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service