Anyone know the current rate for pipeline right of way or lease(which is it)?

I know nothing about this.
Other than that you negotiate something.
Been approached to allow access for survey.
Should we be compensated for the access to do survey or is that unreasonable? Can't imagine measuring being that messy.
Shoudl I spefically tell them to not make a mess or clean it up after the survey?
Do they give you a copy of the survey after its done or do you have to ask?
Once its done, how long before they come with an offer to lay the pipeline.
Saw document on what to negotiate, but I am still reviewing it.
Do you or can you get a payment per year, per qty or volume through the pipe? How else can you benefit from this?
This has no bearing on whether they drill or not?
How long after pipeline does the drilling start?
SE DeSoto Sec 31 11 12.
Where else can I get current info on what to negotiate and for how much?
What about timber, how is that compensated?

Tags: lease, negotiate, of, pipeline, right, survey, way

Views: 358

Replies to This Discussion

Ladyoaks,
Would you be so kind as to tell me what section your land is located on. We received a right of way agreement from TGG Pipeline who is working for Exco Production Company.

Thanks
Why does an unclear title stop a ROW and not a well?

Drilling and unitization: The land with the cloudy title can be included in a drilling unit; otherwise, if a cloudy title on a couple of acres prevented a well from being drilled, none of the landowners in that unit would ever see any royalties, and the minerals could not be exploited. So the area can be unitized, and wells drilled, with the royalties held in escrow until the title problem is cleared up.

However, to put an easement across the surface land requires the permission of all the landowners whose surface area will be impaired. Otherwise, if any landowner (especially with an undivided interest), chose to object AFTER the pipeline was laid, the company might be liable for considerable damages, and/or it might have to lay a new pipeline around the disputed property. In either case, it would be prohibitively expensive, so pipeline companies tend to avoid that by seeking easements on land with clear title.

Further note: if you own an undivided interest in some land which is likely to see a pipeline ROW interest, you can expedite procedures by getting Powers of Attorney so that the pipeline has only one (or a couple of people) to deal with. If a company wants the pipeline badly enough, they may even pay for getting the Powers of Attorney recorded.
I am in the Red River-Bull Bayou area and am thinking of asking $525.00 per rod. i do have an attorney handling this.
How many lines will they be allowed to put in for $525?
Your question is a good one and at this point, I do not have an answer. They want 50' right of way, 30' of which will be permanent and 20' temporary. My attorney says the lease offered is insulting. We will not take their offer and will see what we can come up with. By the way, this is in Red River Parish
How do you decide when it is worth the money to retain an attorney? I received a phone call yesterday from someone representing Charis Partners, LLC out of Logansport. They want to run a saltwater disposal line thru my property. They are offering $200/rod and $1000/acre for timber damage. The line is 14". Has anyone heard or dealt with this company? How will I know what is fair compensation? I am located in section 28, 13N 15W.
Schmidt, for me the decision to hire an attorney was an easy one. This agreement will outlive you and will affect yours heirs. The number of rods in question might be a factor to consider. Also, saltwater can be very detrimental to your property if a spill were to happen. NOTHING grows with saltwater on it. Therefore you'll need clear and specific language regarding what the company will do if one occurs and what they will do to try to minimize the spill risk. You will need an attorney for this language. If the company wants the pipeline that bad, they will agree to them. I have seen offers for saltwater gathering lines in the $350 range. Get an attorney.
Can you recommend a good one? I live in Kansas and have no contacts in Louisiana. Any help or advice is appreciated.
I completely agree with Big Daddy. Saltwater disposal lines are a liability. We have put in our pipeline agreements langauge that says they will use non corrosive pipes. Those lines will be left there for a long time. It is an EPA nightmare in the making. (Just ask gas station owners.)
Schmidt. I recommend Randall Davidson, Shreveport, LA. 318-424-4342.
John Frazier is excellent and trustworthy, (318) 213-9258
Schmidt, I recommend The Pesnell Law Firm in Shreveport. (318) 226-5577. They have done very nice work for me. Mr Davidson also comes highly recommended from numerous shalers.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service