We just rceived our first royalty checks and it just does not add up. I calculated my decimal interest(Size of Your Property/Size of Unit × % of Your Mineral Ownership × Royalty %
from your Oil or Gas Lease = Your Decimal Interest in the Unit...is this correct?). It came to 0.00061044. Encana and Shell are in a partnership each claiming they pay 1/2 of royalties on our well. Encana pulled103,474 mcf and paid 1/2 (0.00030522) of our decimal interest for that portion. Shell pulled 133,558 mcf and paid 1/2 (0.00030522) of our decimal interest. These are two different pulls for the same month. Should'nt I be getting 1/2 from Shell and half from Encana for the 133,558 mcf that Shell sold and 1/2 from Shell and half from Encana for the 103,474 that Encana sold? Or should each be paying the decimal interest amount of 0.00061044 for each of their sales? I took the numbers and figured mysef and should have received twice that had there only been one company paying full royalty.

Tags: Question, about, payments, royalty

Views: 587

Replies to This Discussion

We have a piece of a well in Sec. 18 t9n r11w that started producing in July(according to on-site operator), but has not been state potentialed as of 8/30/10. Is that similiar to what you went thru? Any idea who to call( I talked to Frank moore on Aug 20--)?
It generally takes 3 mos. to begin receiving royalty checks. Even more if who you are leased to is not the driller or operator and whether they (your lease co.) are participating. Also, Sonris runs way behind. They seem to be quick about posting permitted wells, but other info is slow. This is possibly due to slow reporting from the operating company.
This is my brother's discussion.
The fractions they used are 1/2 x 1/24 x 3/16 x 49.9/638.62
Total Acres in Unit 638.62
Your Acres in Unit 49.9 which we have a 1/24 interest in
Your Royalty % 3/16 or 18.75%
EnCana/Shell Total Acres in Unit I'm not sure on this one
I hope you and my brother don't mind me answering.
Butt out sis...just kidding...I know you type faster than me...lol
I looked for you online first and didn't see you online. I thought I'd help you get an answer sooner. I sure hope you are right
A dumb idea.... Is it possible that the two companies use different dates for each month? E.g., does one company's accounting go from the first to the last of the month and the other company's go from the 15th to the 15th (or some such thing)?
Not such a dumb idea. Kind of like TXU reading meters on the 15th and SWEPCO reading on the 21st. This would explain the difference. Also, I am thinking that possibly the 103K and 133K mcf/btu readings is the same reading, just at different dates. That would make the figures for 1/2 come out right. But that would not explain the different prices which appears to be totally separate sells. Charles, are there 2 producing wells in this section? I took pics a few weeks ago of all the wells in the area. I need to pull them up and look at them again. What is the name of this well?
Donna, the production/month for both statements are 4/10. This is the Hallie Litton in S11-T9N-12W. I recieved the 2 checks within 2 days of each other. This is for sales in April. I made calls to both companies and I'm waiting for their accounting people to call me.
Henry, natural gas is sold and accounted for on a calendar month basis. Each company (EnCana & Shell) markets their gas separately and therefore can schedule different volumes for sale in the month. This is also the reason for the different gas sales prices.
That is the way I am seeing it Les. Maybe each company is awaiting some kind of statement from the other before sending us checks???
SWEPI has a 57% interest (approx)in the well. EnCana the rest(43%). That is probably why you are seeing the difference in pay volumes from each.
Oky, but I should still be recieving full royalty for each sale, not half.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service